About the foundation
How we work
The Nuclear Free Future Foundation educates about the dangers of using nuclear technology for civil and military purposes. A central focus of our work is the extraction of the raw material Uranium, without which nuclear bombs and nuclear power would not be possible. The second priority is directed against the nuclear armament of Europe and the world.
In 2019, the foundation was in charge of the world's first URANIUM ATLAS and collected data and facts about uranium, the raw material of the nuclear age. On 16 July 2020, the 75th anniversary of the first atomic bomb test, the English edition was published, followed by the Czech and French editions in 2021. Our demand: The uranium must remain in the earth.
Since 1998 we have been awarding The Nuclear Free Future Award and with this prize we honour, thank and network people and initiatives worldwide who are working for a future free of nuclear power and nuclear weapons, either in resistance, education or the development of solution strategies.
The atomic age was created by us humans, only we humans can end it again. The foundation wants to make its contribution to this:
- Against uranium mining: Uranium damages people and nature already during its extraction. Uranium must remain in the earth
- Against nuclear power and for renewable energies: electricity from solar, wind and water power is much cheaper than nuclear power and completely harmless. The final repository, which is currently being sought, will only have to absorb the amount of highly radioactive nuclear waste that has accumulated so far
- For enlightenment: For decades, the nuclear lobby has claimed that nuclear power contributes to solving humanity's problems, currently to reducing the climate crisis. We show that this has never been true
- Against nuclear weapons: Nuclear war knows no victor. Yet nuclear powers are renewing their arsenals. We want the German government to sign and ratify the UN treaty banning nuclear weapons
- Against DU ammunition: Uranium-hardened ammunition leads to radioactive and highly toxic nano dust which penetrates cell membranes and from which no living being can protect itself. The use of this ammunition must be outlawed
- Give a voice to those affected: With the Nuclear Free Future Award, representatives give a voice to people who would otherwise never be heard
The Historical Background of the Foundation
The Nuclear Free Future Foundation is a non-profit foundation based in Munich, which has financed its work and commitment for more than 20 years exclusively through donations. The Nuclear Free Future Foundation and The Nuclear Free Future Award cannot be organized without new support every year.
The production of the first URANIUM ATLAS in German and English was supported as a project. The successful conclusion means that we are now looking for supporters for a long-cherished project: an exhibition on the topic of uranium, in which we further spread the contents of the URANIUM ATLAS. The exhibition is intended to raise the topic mainly at schools and other educational institutions.
Franz Moll comes from a family of entrepreneurs in Munich; his grandfather founded the company in 1894. Franz Moll founded the Nuclear Free Future Foundation because he feels an obligation to future generations, not least with his nine grandchildren. Franz Moll wants to contribute to ending the nuclear age as quickly as possible and thus also to minimising nuclear waste. Franz Moll is convinced that humanity cannot have a future if it does not learn to do without the atomic bomb, nuclear energy and uranium ammunition. The destructive potential is too great for humans to control. The individual human being has learned to do without. But the collective humanity has yet to learn this. There has never been a globally binding taboo. This means a paradigm shift in human history.